Origin: Philippines (But this is the westernized version!)
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
(food dye is optional)
Mix all ingredients together. Lightly butter two mini muffin pans and fill halfway with batter. Steam in a covered wok for 4-5 minutes.
Additional Notes:
-Only 1 pan will fit into most woks but you have a pan ready to go when you pull the other out!
-My wok doesn't have a cover so I use an inverted metal bowl. To aid in lifting the bowl I put a fork between the bowl and the wok and use it as a handle to lift the bowl.
-Lift the cover AWAY from you and keep your hands protected! I don't want anyone to get burned from the steam!
-I will usually butter the pans every time I start a new batch. It keeps the taste consistent and insures your puto won't stick.
Submitted by Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment